Monday 13 May 2013

Character Guide: Merida

Name: Princess Merida
Movie: Brave
Age: 16

Merida is the 11th official Disney Princess. She debutted in 2012 and was "crowned" in Disneyland in May 2013.
Merida's story begins in Scotland. She is the Princess of the leader of the clans in Scotland. This means she needs to marry. But Merida doesn't want to marry and wants to change her fate. She thinks that if she changes her mother, her future will be changed as well. When Merida encounters a witch, she thinks that will change her fate. 

Merida is a brave and a rebel. She loves riding her horse, Angus, and using her bow. Merida wants to decide her own future and be who she wants to be. 

I really love Merida. She is a very normal teenager and she is a great princess to look up to. I like how she is brave, but also shows how you need to ficks what you broke. Her relationship with her mother, I can imagen, is pretty simulair to the relationship a lot of teenage girls have with their mothers. I really love how Merida acts with her brothers. She really loves them and tries to teach them about the world. 

Last weekend Merida was crowned in Disneyland as the 11th Disney Princess. She was crowned by her mother Elinor. All the other Disney Princesses were there. She arrived on her horse Angus.

This is Merida from the Disney parks.
I really love this Merida. She looks really Merida-ish. The hair looks almost really and fits the face character perfectly. I love her attitude and her smile.
Another picture of the Disneyland Merida. 
I can't believe how real she looks. How really Merida she is. I love her dress a lot and her stage 2. 


Merida's re-design.
A lot of people are quite mad about Merida's re-design. They think she is to skinny and her dress to frilly. 
I think the re- design is really good actually. Merida still has her hips (I love her hips). Her dress is almost the same as the dress she wears in the movie, just a bit more glitter and gold. But I think Merida would love the belt with the DunBrough crest on it. She does look diffrent, but that's because they needed to change a 3D girl into a 2D girl. I do love the 3D Merida more, but I think they did a pretty amazing job with re- designing Merida. 

Welcome Merida to the Disney Princess Royal Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment